ONCE UPON A TIME...Choice Cuts

 

CHOICE  Choice Cuts  (Polydor,1980) - Hard/Melodic rock


     I don't like much the first 2 tracks (the singles of this album), obviously an attempt to conquer the radio waves. Not bad, just not enough good to me.
     But things are getting better with 'The Letter', and even more with 'Annie D', old school song but well crafted and performed.
     The best song here arrives on 'I've Got My Mind On Ruby', the structure has an inkling of Franke And The Knockouts in the mix.Same with 'Your Eyes', also with a flavor similar to the band MPG.
'Take Me Down' is a mid-tempo with some nice guitar work, while 'For You' sounds outdated but radio-friendly.


TRACKLIST : Rock'n'Roll Rocket
                       Some People
                       The Letter
                       Annie D.
                       I Got My Mind On Ruby
                       Your Eyes
                       Take Me Down
                       Pretty Thing
                       For You

Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

GUITAR WOLF...Joe Perry

LITTLE DRUMMER BOY...Matt Cameron

ONCE UPON A TIME...One Niter